It’s finally cooling down in Kansas City! Yay! I’m excited about the cooler weather so that I can wear new sweaters and boots. I was also getting tired of the heat. Cooler weather feels festive, too, which I love this time of year!
This week I am featuring two brands that I am loving — Yes to skincare and Makeup Academy Cosmetics. I am sharing my Yes to favorites and new Makeup Academy products:
Yes to is one of my go-to skin care brands. I like to mix and match the different lines as they are always introducing inventive products! The three below are my current favorites:
Yes to Coconut Cooling Lip Oil ($4.99 USD) — This lip oil provides long lasting nourishment, softness, and fits just about anywhere (talk about a triple threat!). This new lip oil will quench dry lips with decadent oils, that also cool while it moisturizes. Formulated with a plethora of oils: Virgin Coconut, Olive, and cooling Eucalyptus, your lips will be intensely moisturized and soft. Throw in an added hint of natural shine, and you will be ready for coconut kisses (under the sun!)
Yes to Blueberries Cleansing Facial Wipes – 25ct ($5.99 USD) –These Cleansing Facial Wipes are formulated with Blueberries and Coconut to gently cleanse, remove makeup, and moisturize skin all in one. With Lemon Peel and Apple to help brighten skin, these are a great addition to our Age Refresh collection. They leave your skin feeling clean, youthful, and glowy!
Yes To Tomatoes Acne Clearing Facial Toner ($9.99 USD) — Prepare to be “toned” away! Our first-ever toner sweeps away excess dirt and refines skin with witch hazel, our all-time favorite natural astringent (’cause it keeps pores nice and tight!). It also penetrates pores to eliminate acne with salicylic acid and nourishes with a proprietary blend of tomato, blackberry, and watermelon extracts. That’s right, it has all the “swipe” moves!
What I think: The lip oil is awesome! It is refreshing and moisturizing at the same time! The wipes are my all-time favorite! They are cleansing and hydrating. And the toner is new. I like to use it when I have the occasional break out, or when my skin is very oily.
Available at http://www.yestocarrots.com
MUA Makeup Academy has released fun new products for fall. Here are the products in the photo from left to right:
- Complete Brow Kit ($14.50) – Expertly defines, grooms and set brows for all-day wear. Comes with two universal brow shades, clear brow wax and gel, and a double-ended brow brush.
- Amp-Up Adjustable Mascara ($10.50) – Unique, adjustable mascara with a four way adjustable brush head and a buildable, volumizing formula.
- Dual Ended Cat Eye Liner ($11.50) – Dual-ended eye liner with a flexible, precise felt tip on one end, and soft crayon tip on the other.
- Eyeshadow Palettes in Nude, Metallic, and Smoky ($16.50) – Artist inspired collections of 10 intensely pigmented shades that work beautifully together.
- Intense Gel Color Eye Liner ($9.50) – Long-wearing, waterproof liner glides on with creamy precision. Available in six shades: Aubergine, Chocolate Brown, Emerald, Gunmetal Metallic, Midnight Black, and Sapphire.
- No Crease Eyeshadow Base ($13.50) – Preps eyelids to enhance staying power of eyeshadow and eyeliner, offering sheer and long-lasting coverage.
- Color Drenched Lip Butters ($9.50) – Velvety lip butters nourish lips while providing opaque, creamy coverage. Available in 10 shades: Bare, Brick, Cashmere, Honey, Mulberry, Nude, Plum, Red, Rose, and Spice.
- Retractable BB/CC Cream Brush ($19.50) – Travel-friendly version of the original MUA Pro BB/CC Cream Brush.
- Brush Cleansing Balm ($11.50) – Made with gentle goat milk, this balm dissolves makeup and impurities from brushes and makeup sponges.
What I think: I have been testing the mascara, gel eye liners and lip butters. The Mascara is really fun to use and you can adjust it to the look that you want. The gel eye liners glide across my lid and gives great color. The tubes that the lip butter come in are very elegant, but the lip butter itself is a bit drying on my lips. They give a good butter payoff, though.
Available at CVS stores and http://www.cvs.com