I am definitely a bath person. I know that showers are faster, but I love long, hot bath. It totally relaxes me. Are you a bath or shower person? Leave a comment and let me know, and know what your favorite bath or shower products are!
Here are some of my current favorites, sent to me for my honest review:
Laura Mercier Honey Bath ($40 USD) — This decadent, foaming honey moisture body bath leaves skin feeling clean, fresh and supple. Available in five delectable fragrances: Almond Coconut Milk, Crème Brûlée, Ambre Vanillé, Crème de Pistache and Fresh Fig.
What I think: I have this in Fresh Fig. It smells fantastic and gives lots of foamy bubbles. And the jar is so cute! This is well worth the splurge. I want to try all of the scents.
Nyakio Kenyan Coffee Body Scrub ($55 USD) — This scrub blends naturally energizing and exfoliating Kenyan Coffee with Sugar to remove dull skin while providing antioxidant benefits. With Mongongo Nut Oil, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Grape Seed Oil and Avocado Oil, this unique fusion leaves all skin moisturized, smooth and soft.
What I think: This is a wonderful scrub! I used it on the back of one hand and had to do the other right away to make them even — the first one was visibly smoother! And the scent is vaguely coffee-ish, but it’s not too strong.
Purcashe at HSN, HSN.com and www.nyakio.com
H2O Plus Spa Sea Lotus Body Wash ($17 USD) — This exhilarating body wash renews the skin and deeply nourishes with essential vitamins and minerals. Sea sourced water lotus and bamboo extract provide long-term moisture and stimulate the regeneration of healthy skin while mineral-rich brown and red algae blend are combined with aloe and vitamin E to soothe and nourish the skin. Skin is left lightly scented with the refreshing aquatic floral scent. Try it in a morning shower for an invigorating awakening.
What I think: I love H2O+’s scents — and this new sea lotus fragrance is no exception. It is a great spa scent, with a little bit of floral scent added. It also comes in a body scrub ($20 SUD) and a lotion ($21 USD) so you can layer the scent.
Price: $17, Available at Ulta, Ulta.com and H2OPlus.com
We gals take our beauty routines very seriously. Let’s face it, there is always a new product, trend, or regimen we “need” to try. It’s time to simplify our a.m. routines and make them as painless as possible. First step: take the “ouch” out of hair removal. One thing we can all agree on- waxing is one form hair removal that is painful in more ways then one!
To help take the sting out of hair removal, I’d like to introduce you to 800razors.com, the burn-free razor company, as they share Five Expressive Reasons Why Not to Wax:
1) Yikes! — Waxing at a salon is ridiculously expensive, costing anywhere from $45 – $100 per leg. Not to mention that doesn’t even cover the bikini area, armpits and other body parts we don’t want to share with our hair!! Oh, and home waxing kits? We won’t even go there!
2) Ouch! — Waxing hurts like heck! Having scorching hot wax dripped on your skin to later be yanked out by the roots isn’t an ideal spa day experience. Imagine the ensuing pain that comes with ripping a bandage off… now multiply that by at least 5.
3) Yuck! — While getting a full leg or armpit wax removes unwanted hair, it often results in bumps, ingrown hairs, rashes, and even pimples. Have sensitive skin? The hot wax can cause unwanted irritation that will leave you with legs you’ll cover up instead of show off.
4) Nasty! — No one knows how sanitary the salon wax actually is (or the actual salon for that matter!). With waxing, there is always risk of a bacterial infection, skin infection, or even a disease since it strips away the body’s natural protective layer that prevents bacteria from penetrating the skin.
5) Dang it! — Last minute beach trip or spontaneous first date will never fly since you need at least 3-4 weeks of hair growth for the wax to adhere. So if you have last minute plans, you’d be out of luck!
So if you’re joining the thousands of women who are saying “heck no” to waxing, what is the simplest, softest, smoothest solution? 800razors.com, the burn-free razor company that offers the “Burn-Free Guarantee” – no skin burn, wallet burn, or American job-loss burn!
What I think: I have tested their 5-Blade Women’s Razor. This is a great razor! It has a lubricating strip all around and a soapbar at the bottom. The 5 blades gives a very smooth shave and it is easy to change the heads.
Learn more and purchase at www.800razors.com.
The new conditioning solids offer a pH-balanced invisible formula that provides lasting odor and wetness protection while working to reduce irritation and smooth rough patches. The unscented Vitamin Infusion formula conditions and repairs skin with Vitamins A and E, while the Pure Essence variety features a light fragrance and soothing aloe extracts.
Sure products are available nationwide at major drug stores and retail for around $2.99 each. Available varieties include Unscented, Regular Scent, Fresh Scent, Powder Scent, Vitamin Infusion and Pure Essence.
What I think: I have been given the new scents, Vitamin Infusion and Pure Essence. I really like the soft scent of Pure Essence. I use a stronger deodorant, but I gave these to my teenage daughters and they love them! They keep them dry all day.
Learn more at www.suredeodorant.com.
Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Moisturizer by Jergens ($8.99 for the large 16.8 oz) — Blended with pure African shea butter, this rich mix of vital nutrients
instantly relieves dryness, replenishes depleted moisture and enhances the
performance of skin’s own moisture barrier.
What I think — this is so moisturizing on my dry, fall skin! My legs have been so dry since the weather turned cold. This keeps them soft all day long!
Enjoy your you time!